Telehealth and Community Paramedicine
Community paramedicine is a relatively new healthcare model. Paramedicine enables paramedics and emergency medical technicians (EMTs) to care for patients in primary preventive services to underserved populations in the community. The goal is to improve access to care and avoid duplicating existing services.
Some rural patients lack access to primary care and use 9-1-1 to access healthcare in non-emergency situations. This can create a burden for EMS personnel and health systems in rural areas. Using paramedicine can address these underserved populations and reduce the overall burden on the healthcare system.
CMS recently announced the Emergency Triage, Treat, and Transport (ET3) Model which is a voluntary, five-year payment model that will provide greater flexibility to ambulance care teams to address emergency health care needs of Medicare beneficiaries following a 911 call.
This a watershed moment in modern EMS. The model emphasizes quality and outcomes by making it possible for participating EMS agencies to partner with qualified healthcare providers to deliver treatment in place and with alternative destination sites.
Under the ET3 model, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will pay participating ambulance suppliers and providers to:
- Transport an individual to a hospital emergency department (ED) or other destination covered under the regulations
- Transport to an alternative destination (such as a primary care doctor’s office or an urgent care clinic)
- Provide treatment in place with a qualified health care practitioner, either on the scene or connected using telehealth.
Lifebot® Telehealth is the PERFECT FIT for “effectively” delivering Community Paramedicine by providing the medical caregiver (on-site and “virtual”) advanced diagnostics which facilitates the transporting of individuals to doctors’ offices rather than a hospital ED; avoiding inpatient hospitalizations which allows for treatment in lower cost settings. Lifebot® Telehealth was designed by EMS for EMS.
Lifebot® Telehealth enables Paramedicine providers to deliver exceptional care with confidence.
The Lifebot®6 is fully portable and can operate via 3G/4G, WIFI, and satellite allowing for the transmission (with redundant backup) of audio/video along with multi-parameter patient data anywhere the Paramedicine needs to be delivered. This allows for a continuity of care from the home, in the ambulance, to the doctor’s office, or urgent care.
LifeBot®6 Robust Capabilities
- ICU Grade Multi-Parameter Patient Monitoring transmitted to the “virtual” provider in real time
- LifeBot° is unique in that the system incorporates a fully integrated ePCR (Electronic Patient Care Record) allowing for ALL relevant patient information (including vital sign data) to be captured, printed, stored, transmitted, and easily / immediately recalled on demand during any future return visit to a patient location.
- Data aggregation to fully and “seamlessly” integrate multiple technologies into one multi-functioning device
- Secure encrypted / HIPAA compliant data transmission from virtually any location in the world
- High Quality Audio and Video (with multiple camera capability) connecting virtual clinicians to the patient
ADVANCED DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS
- EKG Electrocardiogram
- 12-lead “diagnostic” EKG
- Pulse oximetry (SPO2)
- Non-invasive Blood Pressure (NIBP)
- Invasive Blood Pressure (dual)
- Respirations and Rate
- End Tidal (expired) CO2
- Temperatures (dual)
OPTIONAL AVAILABLE EXTERNAL PERIPHERALS
(Direct connect to LifeBot® via USB or Bluetooth)
- Digital Stethoscope
- Otoscope Exam Camera
- Eye Exam Camera
- Dermascopy Exam Camera
- Multiple (plug and play) hand-held Ultrasound Probes
- Video laryngoscopy
- Additional External Cameras (controllable by LifeBot device or clinical workstation user)
- Additional External Screens for Patient and Family Viewing